The College of Engineering holds an Honors Convocation each fall to honor students who have achieved excellence in undergraduate degree programs for the previous academic year.
The 2019 Honors Convocation will be on Friday, October 11, 2019 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the Harvill Building. This event not only celebrates the hard work of students, but also serves to recognize the family and friends who support them. A reception will follow.
Eligible students will receive an email invitation. Hard copy invitations will go out to the student’s home address and are intended to be a memento of the occasion.
At this time, our ceremony venue’s full capacity has been reached and the RSVP system has closed in advance of the October 4, 2019 deadline. We apologize for any inconvenience. Should you like to be placed on a waitlist, please email Ariel Fisher at email@example.com
We invite all eligible students and guests to attend our post-ceremony reception from 5:00 to 6:00 PM on the West Harvill Patio. Please RSVP by email with Ariel Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Arizona’s Office of the Registrar awards distinctions for the following:
- Highest Academic Distinction to students who meet a 4.0 GPA with 30+ units
- Academic Distinction to students who meet a 3.5-3.99 GPA with 30+ units
These distinctions are determined by completed and credited letter grades achieved from summer Pre-Session 2018 through Spring 2019. During the regular semesters of Fall 2018 and Spring 2019, students must complete a minimum of 12 units.
Despite Honors being in the name of this event, it is not just for students who are also in the Honors College. Any student who meets the criteria above may be invited to Honors Convocation.
Any student who meets the criteria above may be invited to Honors Convocation.
What to Expect:
- Professional dress is essential for all participating students.
- Students will be assigned seating.
- Student must arrive no later than 3:20 p.m. so we can notify department heads that you are present for the ceremony.
- The reception following the ceremony is a good opportunity to celebrate with your department head and advisors over hors d’oeuvres.
If you want to know more about other events happening during Family Weekend 2019, please visit engineering.arizona.edu/familyweekend.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Ariel Fisher, Events Coordinator, at email@example.com.