Students requesting the addition of an Engineering minor must have completed Calculus I or higher with a C or above, be in good academic standing with a UA cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher, and have a declared major. Please note, “No Major Selected” students are not eligible.

To declare a minor, please complete the online Change of Minor Request.

Minors outside of the College of Engineering may require the signature of an adviser in the department offering the minor, and it is the student’s responsibility to contact the adviser and confirm required minor coursework.

Engineering minors do not require an adviser’s signature, but students are encouraged to contact the adviser to confirm any associated limitations, restrictions or prerequisites. Requests for upper-level classes will be reviewed by the adviser in the department offering the minor.


Change of Minor Request >



Minors Offered in the College of Engineering

Additive Manufacturing
Aerospace Engineering
Biosystems Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Engineering Management
Environmental Engineering
Industrial Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Mining Engineering
Optical Sciences and Engineering
Semiconductor Manufacturing

Software Engineering
Sustainable Mineral Resources *
Systems Engineering

* This minor does not require completion of Calculus.

For more information on engineering minors, see the University of Arizona catalog.

Contact Us